3.5

I've worn Keens for years, but have trouble finding many styles locally, so this year I've tried direct ordering online, as I know my Keen size (or so I thought). My first order of two styles was perfect.

Second order, Keen product info said one style was "running small" and to order a half size larger. I wear 8 or 8.5, so I ordered an 8.5 and a 9. Both were too short. I called and arranged the return online (the staffer was very pleasant) and ordered a 9.5 and 10 to try (I also read recent reviews by customers warning that they too needed a full size larger).

The shoes came promptly, and the 9.5 was right. I'd also ordered a size 8 in two styles I'd already gotten in an 8.5, because they seemed a bit large. One style fit better in the 8; the other was too short. So I have the 10 in one style and the 8 in another to return.

(Size accuracy seems to have become a big QC issue for Keens.) On Friday, 4/27, I logged into my Keen account to start the return process -- and my 4/17 order did not appear! So I couldn't create a return label. I called customer service -- and got a recording that they were all out volunteering in the community and to call back on the next business day -- three days later!

Seriously: what company has its customer service staff take an entire business day off and asks its customers to call back in three days? I'm glad I have four new pairs of shoes that fit, because I probably won't buy more Keens online for a long, long time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Keen Shoes Shoes.

Preferred solution: Staff customer service in the hours advertised; keep order info up to date.

I liked: Styles free delivery free returns.

I didn't like: Poor size quality control customer service gone on business day.

Comments

I was excited to find the Keen Voyageur shoes in the size I currently wear and love on sale. When they arrived I was dismayed that the new ones don’t fit.

Too small. Has Keen changed their sizing??